Enews And Updates

Hey Everyone! WELCOME BACK! Yea, I'm making some changes over here so the look of the blog will be a lil shaky for a few days but trust me the content will be A1!! Gimme a sec to get this together, you guys! It'll be on & poppin soon! XO

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BOOK OF THE MONTH: Zadie Smith - On Beauty


I love to read & frankly don't understand anyone who doesnt! Seriously, you guys - people in my demographic don't read enough. So in my 'I can make a difference' mode, I've decided to host a book club and along with any willing participants read and review one novel per month. 

Now whether it's because I truly love great fiction or because I'm spending a summer with my mum who doesn't have a television in her home (no, seriously), I stumbled upon this novel and read it almost without pause. 

In lieu of giving my own personal synopsis of the novel, here is a link to a really great review of the story:


I absolutely loved it! It was a very easy read yet still intellectually engaging. I would suggest this novel to any of my readers and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

Feel free to share your thoughts on it or give suggestions for future novels!

Upcoming Read: 'a mercy' by Toni Morrison)

1 comments:

Unknown on August 7, 2009 at 9:07 PM said...

I agree! I am a reader and more of us should be. I'm currently in a book club of 40+ women so this should be a nice change of pace!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved I Dream Of MIMI by